The Higher Education Loans Board has the responsibility of financing students pursuing higher education. Postgraduate & Continuing Education Loan products run as an alternative window to empower Kenyans further their studies through provision of Loans to salaried applicants.
Why apply for the Postgraduate & Continuing Education Loan Products?
- Application open throughout the year,
- Processing within 14 days,
- The interest rates are highly subsidized and affordable – 1% per month
- Open to full time & part time students thus very convenient.
- Convenient repayment terms immediately upon disbursement of loan
- Applicants are notified on their loan application status
- Alternative Loan (HELB Financed): This is an HELB financed product open to all salaried Kenyans undertaking Undergraduate, Masters & Doctorate degrees on either fulltime or part time basis. Awards (per year): Doctorate (PHD) --up to Kshs: 200,000.00; Masters--up to Kshs: 200,000.00; Undergraduate --up to Kshs:100,000.00; Loan Interest Rate: 1% per month; Repayment Period: 48 Month
- Training Revolving Fund (Public Servants – (Main stream Civil service & County Government):This product was introduced as part of the efforts by the Government of Kenya to assist the public servants access funds at subsidized interest rates for training in order to enhance knowledge and skills considered critical for performance improvement and achievement of National development goals. The product will cover local trainings only for long and short courses (examinable-3 months) and caters for tuition, examination, library, computer and research. Awards (for the whole study period): Minimum: Kshs. 30,000.00; Maximum: Kshs. 500,000.00 Loan Interest Rate: 0.33% per month; Repayment Period: 72 Months .
- Training Revolving Fund (KRA Employees): This is a partnership product between Kenya Revenue Authority (Financier) and Higher Education Loans Board (Administrator) meant to facilitate KRA employees enrich knowledge and skills necessary for enhancement of performance. Awards (for the whole study period): Minimum: Kshs. 30,000.00; Maximum: Kshs. 500,000.00 Loan Interest Rate: 0.33% per month; Repayment Period: 48 Months Terms and conditions apply.
For more information and application: Visit our website www.helb.co.ke , Register/Log in and Apply.